Integrating the frequently bought together plugin into your online website is one of the small but very effective tricks to upsell and cross-sell. You can customize your recommendations manually or using an app to automatically calculate the bundles for you. However, doing it by hand can be time-consuming and take too much effort, that is why today we will give you what things can help you improve your frequently bought together feature.
Must-have features of a Frequently Bought Together app:
When deciding on an app to buy and implement, you should think of the following tasks that it should fulfill:
- It can correctly recommend products that are complementary to the first item.
- It can analyze the customer’s habits and preferences to put out the best bundle for them.
- It does not interfere with your website’s loading speed. This is very important to note because not all visitors are patient enough to wait for a page to load for longer than expected. This can lead to a loss of prospects and will even out the acquired customers from successful frequently bought together recommendations.
What are some of the best features of popular apps for FBT?
- The app should provide a wide range of customizations for your recommendation feed. This applies not only to the owner but also to the website visitors. They can choose what to keep in the bundle, remove the rest, and proceed to checkout immediately. You, as the host, can set a limit to how many products to be suggested and the layout of the feature.
- The app should allow you to create a set of products that when purchased, will be offered a discount. This will help you close more deals because customers are more likely to make a purchase when there is a discount. Although it will not be as automated as other apps, it would help increase the conversion rates.